TEXTILES ADVANCED WORKSHOP
1 day per week, 11 x Wednesdays, 10 – 4pm – £535 concessions available
(W21TTSH01A – course code)
For more details and to enrol: https://www.morleycollege.ac.uk/courses/course/textiles-advanced-workshop/textiles-advanced-workshop/
Create textiles in a stimulating and supportive environment in a specialist textiles studio with a dye garden. Develop your own projects with a view to exhibiting and working to commission. Special attention will be given to sustainability, research, design, exhibitions and current textiles practice. A series of workshops, demonstrations and presentations will be offered to explore textile techniques. This course is suitable for those with an independent outlook and advanced textiles experience, such as a degree, or who have completed the Textiles Foundation course and want to further their practice. The group hold in year or end of year exhibitions and participate in other creative opportunities arising through collaborations with other visual departments at Morley and external partners. Entry is by informal interview in person or by phone/email, with a (digital) portfolio of recent work.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Develop your own historical and practical research for individual themes and ideas.
- Investigate a range of print and dye processes.
- Use a variety of constructed techniques and hand stitch.
- Develop your own individual textile practice.
- Explore sustainable principles to embed in your own studio practise